A gas leak occurred Jan. 24 within the construction site near Heritage Halls on 900 E and Heritage Drive.
Firetrucks poured into the construction site around noon. The firefighters left around 1 p.m. when they discovered that the gas leak was not as serious as they first thought.
Lindsay Roper, a Heritage Halls’ custodian, said the firefighters told the onlookers they were not concerned about the gas leak affecting the tenants.
The firefighters also urged the students to report any unusual smells just in case.