What would you do for the chance to cheer on BYU football from the best seat in the house? Fanatics across campus answer this question by competing for coveted front row tickets.
“Front Row Fanatics is The Universe’s way of rewarding cougar fans by providing front row tickets and fun competition,” said Warren Bingham, The Universe design and production manager. “Don’t miss the chance to show your Cougar pride.”
Provided by The Universe, Front Row Fanatics competitions are held in the Wilkinson Student Center just days before all football home games.
Cameron Lam, a junior from Palos Verdes, Calif., won front row tickets to a BYU vs. Utah game. He was ecstatic after making the ticket-winning shot in a Front Row Fanatics’ shooting competition.
“I think it’s amazing how the program gives back to the students and lets them have fun at the same time,” Lam said.
Event competitions range from relay races to speed texting contests. Each event is targeted to increase student support at athletic home games as well as showcase the fanaticism of Cougar fans.
The dates and times of Front Row Fanatics events are announced in The Universe during fall semester.
“Being at the very front [of the student section] was simply amazing,” said Kaitlin Ball, another Front Row Fanatics winner. “I am so glad The Universe gives us these chances to win front row tickets.”
How to buy a ROC Pass
1. ROC Passes for the upcoming academic year typically are on sale and are available on a first come, first serve basis. Pass holders will receive admission to all NCAA regular season home ticketed events.
2. Before tickets go on sale, register your student number and create an account. You’ll need this account information to log in when you purchase tickets.
3. Try to buy your tickets as early as possible (very few passes are available even a couple days after they go on sale).
4. To sign up with a group for football seating, create a group name and send it to anyone wishing to sit together. When they register for their pass, have them enter the group name to ensure seats together at the game. For all other sporting events, seating is open and groups are not needed.
5. Football tickets are sent out via email and must be printed and shown with your ID card at the game for entry. Admission to all other sports require an All Sport Card available for pick up at the Marriott Center Ticket Office.