Cougar Questions: What do you wish we had on BYU campus?

327

We’ve all been there. You’re running up the RB stairs to get to class thinking that there needs to be a better way. Maybe you’re trolling the parking lot for a spot and considering giving up on going to class at all. You see pictures of your friends on “fall break” adventures while you’re balancing two midterms and a research project. You spent all night studying for those midterms so you look for a soft place to rest during your one-hour break between classes.

Whether it’s escalators, valet parking, more breaks or nap rooms, we can all think of something that might make our lives at BYU a little better.What do you wish we had on BYU campus?

"A roller coaster because roller coasters are fun." — Natalie Edmondson, freshman, pre-art education, American Fork
“A roller coaster because roller coasters are fun.” — Natalie Edmondson, freshman, pre-art education, American Fork
"A nap room. I wrote a paper on it one time and sent it to President Samuelson. There are all those empty rooms in the Wilk, so we could just set up a bunch of cots and charge some nominal fee. It would pay for itself; everyone would want to use it." — Allison Downs, senior, economics, Peachtree City, Ga.
“A nap room. I wrote a paper on it one time and sent it to President Samuelson. There are all those empty rooms in the Wilk, so we could just set up a bunch of cots and charge some nominal fee. It would pay for itself; everyone would want to use it.” — Allison Downs, senior, economics, Peachtree City, Ga.
"Sunflowers: different kinds, different colors, different sizes. They're just my favorite flower, and I never see them. Like look around, oh great, we've got a green bush. What do we want to put next to this green bush? How about another green bush? How about behind it? Another green bush! Enough of these green bushes. Sunflowers." — Derek Bradshaw, senior, environmental science, Parma, Idaho
“Sunflowers: different kinds, different colors, different sizes. They’re just my favorite flower, and I never see them. Like look around, oh great, we’ve got a green bush. What do we want to put next to this green bush? How about another green bush? How about behind it? Another green bush! Enough of these green bushes. Sunflowers.” — Derek Bradshaw, senior, environmental science, Parma, Idaho
"Chipotle. It wouldn't be possible though because Chipotle requires that you have an alcohol license to open a franchise. That's why there aren't very many in Utah." — Morgan Bissegger, freshman, neuroscience, Wapakoneta, Ohio
“Chipotle. It wouldn’t be possible though because Chipotle requires that you have an alcohol license to open a franchise. That’s why there aren’t very many in Utah.” — Morgan Bissegger, freshman, neuroscience, Wapakoneta, Ohio
"More holidays. Longer breaks and random days off as well. Everyone needs to get out of school for a little fun so you don't go crazy." — Joshua Murphy, senior, psychology, El Paso, Texas
“More holidays. Longer breaks and random days off as well. Everyone needs to get out of school for a little fun so you don’t go crazy.” — Joshua Murphy, senior, psychology, El Paso, Texas
"I wish we could ride longboards on campus. Right now, I can't see a problem with riding a longboard from here to a different building. Between classes, I understand." — Justin Roberts, sophomore, mechanical engineering, Spanish Fork
“I wish we could ride longboards on campus. Right now, I can’t see a problem with riding a longboard from here to a different building. Between classes, I understand.” — Justin Roberts, sophomore, mechanical engineering, Spanish Fork
"I wish that the gym was more local, up here (on campus), instead of a ten-minute trek down there (to the Smith Fieldhouse). It would be nice to hit up the gym in between classes." — Alex Bischoff, sophomore, exercise science, Lincoln, Neb.
“I wish that the gym was more local, up here (on campus), instead of a ten-minute trek down there (to the Smith Fieldhouse). It would be nice to hit up the gym in between classes.” — Alex Bischoff, sophomore, exercise science, Lincoln, Neb.
"Starbucks. It doesn't have to have coffee, just a coffee shop vibe. Somewhere you can buy some herbal tea, so basically a Mormon coffee shop." — Gabrielle Roper, sophomore, business marketing, Boise
“Starbucks. It doesn’t have to have coffee, just a coffee shop vibe. Somewhere you can buy some herbal tea, so basically a Mormon coffee shop.” — Gabrielle Roper, sophomore, business marketing, Boise