Letter: Gingrich on the rise

83

I would like to take this opportunity to write a thank you to The Daily Universe for publishing the article “Gingrich wins South Carolina” 1/23. Like many readers, I spent this past weekend in deep mourning over Mitt’s abysmal performance in the South Carolina primary.

As I opened the paper on Monday and saw a headline on page two discussing Gingrich’s win, I assumed this article would add to my sorrows. I expected an article praising Gingrich for the incredible turnaround of his campaign. I thought perhaps this article would confirm my greatest fear — that Mitt Romney may not represent the Grand Old Party in November. Despite my hesitations, I decided to fearlessly read this article.

As I read it, I found that the author took every opportunity to remind me just how great Romney is. From Romney’s quote in large print attacking Newt Gingrich, to Mitt Romney’s soothingly persistent words, the author reminded me that I must continue to have faith in Romney. I truly am grateful that this author took the time to turn an article that could have shown the rise of Newt Gingrich into what I truly needed: another reminder that Mitt Romney deserves my undying love and support.

LOGAN McDERMOTT
Las Vegas