Letter: There’s a reason

122

In response to “Provo residents protest construction of new MTC building with balloons” (5/18), I would invite you then to check out the website the Church has put out detailing the proposal. There you will find several smaller buildings would not be feasible. It also has photos of the proposed building that show what type of obstruction it would be. Needless to say, it is very little.

I am fine with people disagreeing with the proposal, but you have to understand the Church isn’t some corporation that is in the business to just build huge buildings for no reason. They obviously have sought what is in the best interest of the missionaries (a.k.a. servants of the Lord), the sacred tithing funds of the Church and the neighbors around them to try and find a proposal that meets all of the concerns.

I just have a funny feeling about people protesting against the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve. They obviously have sought the Lord’s help. I for one will not be someone to disagree with Him.

JOSEPH NAYLOR

Overland Park, Kan.