RSL’s playoff battle ends in a draw with the LA Galaxy

117

Real Salt Lake played the LA Galaxy in the Western Conference Semifinals Saturday night at Rio Tinto Stadium. The game ended 0-0, but was not without excitement. The goal keeper for the Galaxy, Jaime Penedo, made six impressive saves to keep RSL off the scoreboard.

“We ran across a goal keeper that played great; hats off to him,” RSL coach Jeff Cassar said. “I think we are in a fantastic position. Yeah, we are frustrated that we didn’t put the ball in the back of the net, absolutely, I’m not saying that, but we created the chances which is the most important thing. If we create these chances in LA, which we are, its going to be a good time.”

Salt Lake controlled the field for most of the evening. It was a well fought game.

“It was extremely tough, but I thought our energy and intensity was really good tonight,” Kyle Beckerman said, “We put a lot of pressure on them. I think really the only thing missing tonight was a goal.”

RSL plays against the Galaxy again in LA on Sunday, Nov. 9 to decide who will go to the Western Conference Finals.