BYU track and field to divide and conquer

272

BYU track and field is spreading out, sending its distance runners to the University of Washington and its sprinters and fielders to the Air Force Academy this weekend. And for only the second time this season, the pentathlon and heptathlon will take place and will be at Air Force.

“This is another chance to see how our training is progressing,” women’s head coach Patrick Shane said. “It gives us an opportunity to tweak things based on what we see this week.”

Though the teams are split up, the individuals have been placed at these specific facilities in order to spark their best performances.

“I’m excited and we will have great competition and phenomenal facilities,” men’s head coach Mark Robison said. “Washington is the most amazing place for distances, and Air Force is a great place for the indoor field events.”

Senior Cade Lindahl is ready to race in Washington this weekend, prepping for the 400m and 200m sprints.

“Last week we were in New Mexico and that was my first race of the year and I did not run as fast as I wanted too,” Lindahl said. “I want to make a few improvements this weekend.”

Events at Air Force start on Thursday and end Saturday. The long distance runners compete at the University of Washington from Friday to Saturday.