Freeway closes for the weekend

38

Jessica Kehr

A full weekend closure is scheduled for I-15 northbound from the I-215 South Junction to 600 North and southbound from 900 west to the I-215 South Junction.

These closures will be in effect starting Friday, June 23 at 10 p.m. until Monday, June 26 at 6 a.m.

The alternate route proposed by Carol Provenzano, Director of Communications for Wasatch Constructors, for southbound drivers going to the Utah Arts Festival, at the Utah Fair Park, is to exit I-15 at 900 West (Exit 313).

Northbound motorists can take I-215 west to Redwood Road (Exit 120) or 700 North (Exit 23).

There are other closures scheduled for today. The I-215 westbound ramp to I-15 southbound will be closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. The alternate route is State Street.

Also the 10600 South Arterial between Auto Mall Drive and the Jordan Gateway will be closed Friday and the alternate route is 10000 South.

There will be lane restrictions on 1300 South beneath I-15 from 5 a.m. until 3 p.m.

A Web site, www.I-15.com, lists all closures and alternate routes for I-15.

This Web site is updated everyday by 5 p.m.

Last week a problem was found with the server and commuters were not able to access the updated information, said Linda Durham, spokesperson for Wasatch constructors.

“We have been experiencing some problems lately and we are looking for a change,” Durham said.

A change is sited for the lane restrictions on 7720 South beneath I-15.

The restrictions will be held for 24 hours between June 22 and today. The changes were originally scheduled from between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.