Alexa Gray earns WCC player of the week

275
Alexa Gray goes for the kill in a previous game. Gray earned the WCC player of the week award Nov. 9. (The Universe).

BYU women’s volleyball player Alexa Gray earned WCC player of the week in her stellar performances against St. Marys and Pacific.

Gray led the cougars in a 3-0 victory Thursday night against St. Mary’s with an stunning 21 kills and eight digs. Gray had another brilliant evening versus the Tigers with a double-double of 20 kills, 12 digs, five blocks, and two assists.

Gray averaged for the week 7.5 points, 6.83 kills, 3.33 digs and 1.0 blocks per set.

“I try not to look up at the scoreboard. I try to just play no matter what the score is, if it’s 00 or it’s 100. I just try to hit hard all the time and help my team out, just do what I need to do to help us win,” Gray said last season following the match against Penn State.

This is Gray’s second award of the week this season and fourth of her career.

BYU is currently at the top of the conference with a record of 21-3 and an 11-2 WCC record. The Cougars look to continue their dominance by taking on Portland, Nov. 12.