BYU adds former Utah offensive lineman Simi Moala

The transfer portal continues to bolster BYU.

Former Utah offensive lineman Simi Moala is joining the Cougars’ football program, the Southern California native told ESPN 960 Tuesday afternoon.

“I will be part of the team this year. I kind of took a year off, maybe half a year, tried to focus on family and myself, just thinking about if I really want to do it again,” Moala told ESPN 960 host Ben Criddle Tuesday. “I just appreciate coach Kalani (Sitake) for reaching back out and calling me. That’s what made me really come back.”

Moala played for the Utes from 2018-2021, earning All Pac-12 Honorable Mention status in 2019. Moala totaled 21 total games and 18 starts at Utah before leaving the program in September 2021 to handle personal family matters. Moala’s final game at Utah was a 26-17 loss to BYU in Provo.

The addition of Moala brings BYU’s number of new players from the transfer portal to 22, with Moala being the seventh offensive lineman and fourth with previous Power 5 experience.

Top Sports Stories

BYU basketball adds another highly rated recruit to roster

BYU basketball adds another highly rated recruit to rosterThings simply haven't slowed down for Kevin Young and company when it comes to recruiting.BYU...

Life as a True Freshman in Division 1 College Football: Tre Alexander lll

Life as a True Freshman in Division 1 College Football: Tre Alexander lllChaotic. Sloppy. Intense.These are the first words that come to mind if...

A look back at BYU’s first year in the Big 12

A look back at BYU's first year in the Big 12Sept. 10, 2021, is a day that BYU fans will remember forever. The atmosphere...

Slow and steady wins the race: Lucas Bons’ climb to become one of the top milers in the country

Slow and steady wins the race: Lucas Bons’ climb to become one of the top milers in the countryKelly Clarkson famously sings, “What doesn’t...
- Advertisement -