With the arrival of Feb. 14, three Daily Universe reporters compiled three lists about everything Valentine’s Day. Below, you can find 10 great gifts to give your significant other without breaking the bank, six great Provo activities to do with your friends and 11 dates to embark on with your significant other.
10 Under $10: Gifts for your significant other this Valentine’s Day
Making Valentine’s Day special on a college student’s budget can be difficult. Below are 10 gift ideas all of which are under $10 to help you show your significant other how much you care.
With a wide variety of options for colors and customizable phrases, you can tailor this gift to your relationship and your significant other’s preferences.
Sometimes it’s hard to find the words to tell someone you love them. Luckily, this booklet contains various fill-in-the-blank pages that make it easy to express your love.
These matching “Hubby” and “Wifey” t-shirts are a gift that will benefit both of you. Wear them out on a movie date or around the house together.
What better way to bond with your significant other than over “Star Wars”? Show your loved one how you feel with this card that reads, “Yoda the love of my life.”
You can’t go wrong with chocolate. Order this box from Amazon or stop by your local grocery for this perfect last-minute gift.
This is a great gift idea if your significant other is into music. Not only will they have a new guitar pick, but they’ll also have a reminder of how much you love them.
This gift is perfect for a significant other that is into trends. This cute llama pillow featuring the quote “I Llove You” is sure to win over your trendy loved one.
If your valentine is into the great outdoors, this gift is a great choice. Not only is it a nice gesture, but it is also practical.
If you want to get your girlfriend or wife a piece of jewelry but don’t want to take out a small loan to buy a nice piece from a place like Jared’s, this is a good option.
This keychain is the perfect way to take your beau on a stroll down memory lane. You can pick a penny from the year of your anniversary and your initials and anniversary date can be soldered onto the penny.
Single for Valentine’s Day? Here’s 6 things you can do with friends
Valentine’s Day does not just have to be a celebration for those in a relationship. There are plenty of things to do that will still let you have fun without requiring a special someone. Here are some of the best places to go to make sure your Valentine’s Day is one to remember.
- Try your hand with over 700 games at Good Move Cafe. $5 per person.
2. Prepare for your audition to The Voice at Heart and Seoul Karaoke with over 30,000 songs. $8 per person per hour.
3. Go on a blind date with a book or select a book to set someone up with at Pioneer Book. $5-$15 per book.
4. Tap into your inner child and jump on a bunch of trampolines at Lowes Xtreme Air Sports. $10 per person per hour.
5. Get your heart racing with a game of miniature croquet, a run through a giant playground and a ropes course at Provo Beach Resort. $20 day pass or two activities for $12 per person.
6. Test your sleuthing skills and see if you can escape a room at Get Out Games. $16-$22 per person.
9 unique Valentine’s Day activities in Utah County for under $50
Maybe you do have a beau but no plans for Valentine’s Day. If so, here are nine things all under $50 that may interest you.