The new Target, called the BYU Target, hits it right on the mark.

This Target is a small format store and has many of the familiar target items found in the regular stores. The aim is to appeal to the local needs of the area, especially students and young families.

“I have been so excited about it,” said Target shopper, Taryn Jensen. “I drive to Orem pretty regularly to go to Target; even when I need just a few basic items, I will make that drive so I can go to Target.”

Saturday held the grand opening and families came to shop their local needs, celebrate with a treat, and check out what the new store is all about. Young children could see the Target mascot Bullseye, and the first 1000 visitors received a reusable Target shopping bag.

Though this store is small, it has everything from home goods, to food and produce, to clothing and cosmetics.

“It’s fun!” continued Jensen. “It doesn’t have everything that I’ll need, but it’s nice to have something that has at least some of the Target items.”

This new small format store is the first small format Target store in Utah, and will be perfect for the needs of BYU students and locals alike.