While many people have already sent in their mail in ballots or are waiting to vote in person tomorrow on Election Day, others are hesitant to vote due to lack of knowledge of what this year’s ballot includes.

“I guess if I was more informed, I’d be more interested in voting,“ one Utah voter said.

While we are encouraged to vote, we can’t do it without knowing what the issues on the ballot mean.

One of the issues being voted on is proposition 3, which is meant to expand our Medicaid coverage while raising sales tax from 4.7% to 4.85%

“I think it’s important that we as a society take care of people, so I think that will benefit us because it’s something that we should be doing. I mean it’s not a huge amount, but it’s enough that it will make a difference. So I think it will be frustrating when you’re trying to buy things and you can’t buy as much,” another Utah voter said about Prop 3.

One of the constitution amendments, Amendment A, will extend property tax exemptions to anyone that serves in the military 200 out of 365 days of the year, and the time doesn’t have to be consecutive.
“It sounds like a good thing for people that serve our country,” said a voter.

Along with the amendments and propositions, citizens of Utah are asked to vote yes or no to increasing the fuel tax rate by 10 cents per gallon to provide funding for public education and roads.

On the ballot there are a total of 3 propositions, 3 amendments to the constitution, and a non-binding question.

These issues will be determined by those who vote.

Today is the last day to send in your ballots by mail, or you can vote at designated voting locations tomorrow on election day.