A rare Q&A with Cosmo

606
 To learn more about Cosmo the Cougar, read the in depth profile "Campus cat lives the Cosmo life".

Cosmo, although extremely expressive during sporting events, doesn’t always have the chance to express himself through words. In a rare interview with the world-renowned mascot, it becomes clear that the extraordinary Cosmo shares some of the same preferences and opinions as the everyday BYU fan.

Q: What is your favorite color?
A: Blue, of course. It was royal blue, but it hasn’t been as lucky lately.

Q: What is your favorite food?
A: Brick Oven Pizza.

Q: What makes you sad?
A: Seeing the Cougars lose or the rare weeks when I have no events to attend.

Q: What makes you happy?
A: Victory, bowl games, rings, championships, pretty college students and wild fans.

Q: What is your biggest fear?
A: Fear? I don’t have any fears. Oh, alright, I don’t like those little domestic kitty cats — They kind of freak me out.

Q: What is your favorite book?
A: “Hello, Cosmo!” (by Pat and LaVell Edwards). It’s a kid’s book about me. What can I say? I’m easily flattered.

Q: What is your favorite zoo animal?
A: I’ve never been to the zoo, but I think if I went I’d like to see the polar bears.

Q: What is your favorite holiday?
A: Christmas. I have a Santa suit I get to wear, and even though I am not the real Santa Claus, it feels good to pretend sometimes.

Q: When you’re not at games or school events, what are you most likely doing?
A: Sleeping. I go up to the mountains and rest. I also prepare and train for my next big event. Resting and preparing.

Q: You are a hero to many people; Who is your biggest hero?
A: After Tyler Haws’ second half against Utah State recently, he’s my current hero. He killed it.

Q: If you could ask the ROC section to do anything, what would it be?
A: To get crazier — get more wild.

Q: If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
A: I would get a big crane, put it in the middle of Brigham Square, tell all the students I would be dropping all the money, put all the money in a box, and do a big cash drop for all the students.

Q: Why do think the kids love you so much?
A: Probably because I try my best to visit as many kids as I can at schools, hospitals and parties. I even try my best during the football games when kids are yelling my name to visit them and not just run away. I wish I could visit all the kids because they’re my favorite, but it’s hard with all the responsibilities I have.

Q: What motivates you?
A: Seeing the joy and excitement of the BYU fans when I perform a new trick or stunt. That excitement pushes me through learning new stunts and tricks and helps me in my responsibility I have that I keep progressing in my athletic abilities.

Q: What impresses you most about the BYU student body?
A: Their willingness to be at the games, rain or shine, and to show up and always support the athletic teams.