Word to the Ys: Mar. 2

156

“I’m just that good.” — Jason Alexander, aka George Costanza of “Seinfeld” fame, who ran an acting workshop at UVU this week

“My heart will always kind of hurt for Noah. He’s meant so much to us and he didn’t get the chance to finish like he wanted to.” — Dave Rose, BYU men’s basketball head coach, on senior forward Noah Hartsock’s recent knee injury

“You couldn’t fall off the top of the ladder, because you weren’t on the top of the ladder. So, in reality the blacks not having the priesthood was the greatest blessing God could give them.” — Randy Bott, whose comments on blacks and the priesthood in a Washington Post article ignited controversy this week

“I love that I get to have really childish themed parties and totally get away with it.” — Emma Vidmar, whose birthday falls on a leap year

“If you leave the latch open, you can’t blame someone else if your cows get away.” — Ed Lind, associate director of the Museum of Art, on a stolen painting that was returned after being gone for more than 40 years