Timpanogos Storytelling Festival presents a Midwinter Conference Feb. 8-10. The website for details is timpfest.org/midwinter-event/schedule-of-events. Participants are listed at timpfest.org/midwinter-event/performers. Other details include:
* A pre-conference workshop on Thursday with Katie Farmer (from UVU) called “Cracking the Story Code,” which will help writers know if their story has appeal.
* Two days of workshops, keynote addresses and performances from presenters all around the country. They will help attendees use storytelling techniques to increase their effectiveness in teaching, performing and speaking within business organizations.
* Among those presenting are storytellers Donald Davis and Bil Lepp; Kerry Patterson (author of “Crucial Conversations” and his regular column Kerrying On); Joe Folkman (helps organizations with leadership seminars and author of seven books); and Brandon Mull (author of the Fablehaven series). There are 16 presenters.
* There will also be a fun concert on Friday night with Donald Davis, Bil Lepp and Antonio Rocha. All proceeds from the concert will be used to pay for storytellers to go into schools. $10/ticket at Orem High School Auditorium
* Free performances: “Pictures from the Past: Stories of Family and Place” by Susan O’Halloran (featured on ABC and PBS) Thursday night at 7 p.m. at the Orem Public Library and a youth storytelling showcase at 4:15 p.m. on Saturday at the BYU Conference Center.
* The conference features a youth track (we are also hosting 11 of the nation’s finest youth tellers, who are here for the National Youth Storytelling Showcase) with special pricing for them.