Top JUCO quarterback Jake Retzlaff signs with BYU

BYU’s quarterback room has added another gunslinger to its mix.

Top-rated junior college quarterback Jake Retzlaff has transferred to BYU, the Riverside City College product announced via social media Tuesday.

Retzlaff threw for 4,596 yards and 44 touchdowns at Riverside in 2022, adding another 515 yards and six scores on the ground. Graduating from California’s Centennial High School in 2021, Reztlaff’s senior season was heavily impacted by COVID-19 and therefore yielded no Division-I FBS scholarship offers, leading Retzlaff to enroll at Golden West Community College and pass for more than 3,300 yards before landing at Riverside.

Retzlaff is BYU’s third quarterback signing of the current cycle, joining Pitt transfer Kedon Slovis and Springville High School prospect Ryder Burton. With Slovis essentially a lock to start for the Cougars in their inaugural Big 12 campaign, Retzlaff will likely compete for the backup quarterback role with Burton and Cade Fennegan.

Top Sports Stories

Jaxson Robinson: My BYU basketball story

Jaxson Robinson: My BYU basketball storyAfter completing my freshman and sophomore years at Texas A&M and Arkansas, I found myself in the transfer portal...

Former No. 2 draft pick, Zach Wilson, traded to Denver

Former No. 2 draft pick, Zach Wilson, traded to DenverThe second overall pick of the 2021 NFL draft's time with the Jets has come...

How BYU basketball landed one of the NBA’s best assistants

How BYU basketball landed one of the NBA's best assistantsWhen BYU sought a replacement for Mark Pope, Kevin Young was not the expected successor....

BYU lands top NBA assistant to replace Mark Pope

BYU lands top NBA assistant to replace Mark PopeAs it turns out when Kevin Young interviewed for the Utah Jazz head coaching job two...
- Advertisement -