BYU falls 64-59 to LMU to snap win streak

What goes up must come down.

BYU’s seven-game win streak was vanquished Thursday night in a 64-59 loss at LMU, handing the Cougars their first WCC setback of the season.

“We were just so limited with our movement on offense, we allowed ourselves to get stuck,” BYU head coach Mark Pope said. “We didn’t beat their physicality with our pace and movement. That was problematic. They got us in isolation a few times and that hurt us.”

BYU shot 15% from three with 13 turnovers against the Lions. Fouss Traore and Gideon George each led the Cougars with 13 points and five rebounds.

The Cougars now head to face San Diego this weekend for a chance at a third conference victory before welcoming Gonzaga to Provo next Thursday.

Top Sports Stories

Jaxson Robinson: My BYU basketball story

Jaxson Robinson: My BYU basketball storyAfter completing my freshman and sophomore years at Texas A&M and Arkansas, I found myself in the transfer portal...

Former No. 2 draft pick, Zach Wilson, traded to Denver

Former No. 2 draft pick, Zach Wilson, traded to DenverThe second overall pick of the 2021 NFL draft's time with the Jets has come...

How BYU basketball landed one of the NBA’s best assistants

How BYU basketball landed one of the NBA's best assistantsWhen BYU sought a replacement for Mark Pope, Kevin Young was not the expected successor....

BYU lands top NBA assistant to replace Mark Pope

BYU lands top NBA assistant to replace Mark PopeAs it turns out when Kevin Young interviewed for the Utah Jazz head coaching job two...
- Advertisement -