‘Today years old’ trend shocks students on campus with interesting facts

1336
Video by Katherine Bennett

Ever been shocked by something new that you just learned? The internet has named this the “Today years old” trend as people share interesting information, trivia or ironic facts that may be more or less true. Daily Universe reporter Katherine Bennett went around BYU campus to hear what weird facts and life hacks BYU students had to share.

“I was today years old when I learned that BYU’s chocolate milk recipe comes from Switzerland and that BYU sells about 16 thousand gallons of milk on their campus each day,” BYU student Porter said.

“I was today years old when I learned that BYU has a hair salon,” Justin said.

Some freshmen friends shared tips they have learned during their first few weeks on BYU campus.

Dominique said she was today years old when she realized she could make friends with her RA by giving them cookies.

“I was today years old when I learned that you have to pass your cleaning checks by vacuuming your sofa,” Abby said.

Another student was shocked to hear his teacher has a side hustle. “I was today years old when I learned my BOM teacher has a diamond business,” Jaxson said.

Some shared information that can change your daily life: “I was today years old when I learned that if you put old pizza in the air fryer, it makes it taste new,” Kendall said.

“I was today years old when I learned that the and symbol is called an ampersand,” Jace said.

Other’s new knowledge makes you question how this information even came about.

“I was today years old when I learned that your bellybutton is just your old mouth,” Logan said.

Some information is not important at all: “I was today years old when I learned that when you’re not there you’re square, because you’re not a-round,” Cade said.

And other information is just entertaining.

“I was today years old when I learned that gummy worms have more bones in them than real worms, from gelatin,” Brandon said.

Whether it is weird, cool or essential life information, go out and learn something new today.