South Dakota Plane Crash Impacts Friends In Provo

199

The National Transportation Safety Board began an investigation yesterday on a tragic plane crash in South Dakota. 

On November 30th, 12 members of the Hansen family boarded their private plane in Chamberlain, South Dakota. The flight was carrying four generations who had all gone on an annual hunting trip. 

According to the NTSB, the plane crashed one mile north of the airport, killing nine members of the family and seriously injuring the other three.

One of the family members who died was Stockton Hansen, who recently returned from serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Norway.  

A former returned missionary, Alexis Cook said, “The first thought that ran through my head when I figured out he had died was what an amazing missionary he already was on the other side and how much the Norwegian people need him right now…he was the best.”

“I think everyone in the Norway mission can say that Stockton had the most incredible faith,” she said.

Kylee Love, another fellow missionary who served in Norway said, “I was in Bergen with him for over six months, so I saw him every single day. We became super good friends.” 

When asked about the kind of person Hansen was, she said, “He’s so happy and he’s constantly thinking about other people, and he’s always looking for ways to lift other people up.”

According To East Idaho News, the family issued a statement encouraging others to donate to Kyani Caring Hands — a foundation created by members of the family — instead of sending them flowers.