Rydalch selected 26th in WNBA draft by Seattle Storm

366

BYU guard Lexi Eaton Rydalch was drafted by the Seattle Storm as the 26th overall pick during the WNBA draft on Thursday night.

Rydalch is the fourth Cougar to enter the WNBA and the tenth from the West Coast Conference.

Rydalch was named WCC Player of the Year after leading the conference in scoring with 24.6 points per game. She is the all-time scoring leader in WCC history and BYU’s No. 2 all-time women’s scorer.

“I’m absolutely thrilled to be drafted by the Seattle Storm,” Rydalch said. “I have followed and watched their program for years and really like how they play. I love the city of Seattle and I’m looking forward to playing for Jenny Boucek, proving myself and hopefully contributing to the team.”

Two-time All-American Rydalch is the only player in BYU women’s basketball history to play in four consecutive NCAA tournaments.

As a senior, Rydalch ranked fifth in the nation in total points and in points per game. She finished second all-time in games played at BYU and fifth in 3-pointers made.

Rydalch was one of eight players in the country to compete at the 28th Annual State Farm College 3-point Championships at the Final Four in Houston on March 31.

The three other BYU players drafted by the WNBA were Jennifer Hamson (Los Angeles Sparks, 23rd overall, 2014), Ambrosia Anderson (Detroit Shock, 17th overall, 2006) and Erin Thorn (New York Liberty, 17th overall, 2003).