Jenn Blosil performing Saturday, March 5, at Velour

412
Jenn Blosil sings at the Velour. (Facebook/Jenn Blosil)

Orem native and American Idol top 14 contestant Jenn Blosil is bringing her talent to Velour Saturday, March 5 as she makes preparations for a west coast tour. Tickets for the show are only available at the door.

Blosil described her music as “indie rock pop,” a style that lends itself well to Provo’s local music scene and to the broader audience of the Internet. Blosil recently aired a performance on Periscope, a social media app that lets people live stream video with no more than a phone and an internet connection. She now has 18.3 thousand followers on the app.

Velour is a familiar venue for Blosil. “That’s the first stage I performed on outside of my home, basically,” she said. Velour’s open mic night gave her an opportunity to play in public before she became well-known.

Jenn Blosil (Facebook/Jenn Blosil)

Blosil said she is excited to play her own songs. She has been writing her own music since childhood. “Each song has its own flavor and feel, but they’re all cohesive,” she said.

Playing her own music will be a nice change for Blosil because she has been singing other people’s songs during her time on American Idol. “There’s a different kind of magic that comes when I’m singing a song that I wrote versus singing a song someone else wrote and I’m trying to make it mine,” Blosil said.

Fans can watch the first song of her show on Saturday through the Periscope app.