Students and visitors bowl their stresses away

828
The BYU bowling and games center, located in the basement of the Wilkenson student center, is home to a wide variety of arcade games, such as skee ball, Pac-man and air hockey. Attendees include both students, alumni and visitors.(Eliana Lara)
The BYU Bowling and Games Center, located in the basement of the Wilkinson Student Center, is home to a wide variety of arcade games, such as Skee Ball, Pac-Man and air hockey. Attendees include students, alumni and visitors. (Eliana Lara)

The BYU Bowling and Games Center is committed to providing clean fun and the lowest prices around to students and their families.

Located on the first floor of the Wilkinson Student Center, this recreational spot is not just a place for single undergrads to hang out at. Married couples and visitors young and old come to this place to have good old-fashioned BYU fun.

Kimberley Roth, BYU alumna and busy mother from Orem, plays with her kids on the Pac-Man arcade.

“Sometimes I just need a break from my hectic schedule, and even though I am no longer a BYU student, I just want to enjoy myself with the family,” Roth said.

Wilkinson Student Center Operations Manager Sterling May agrees that the BYU Bowling and Games Center is for everyone who comes to campus.

“We updated the bowling alley with cosmic lights,” May said. “Nights are not only for students, but they also can be quite an experience for parents and kids visiting the campus.”

The BYU Bowling and Games Center invested in a new look last year.

“To go along with black lights, flashing colors and loud music, the bowling and games center offers a date night deal that can’t be beat,” May said. “The deal provides two games and shoes for a couple. At just $12, it is one of the most fun and inexpensive dates you can have in Provo.”

Many students use the bowling and games center as a close, cheap location to have fun.

“I love that the place is right on campus so we have the same environment and the same rules,” BYU freshman Bonnie Kimball said. “And really, what it does for me as a poor student is that it is affordable and packed with games.”

BYU accounting student Emilie Gritton described how the game center has helped her cope with her stress.

“I am trying to get into the accounting program and I need a 3.70 GPA to get in, so I study hard,” Gritton said. “Coming here helps me cope with that pressure, because there are no real life repercussions when you have a bad game. Everyone here cares about enjoying themselves so at the end of the day all games are good games.”