Eleven things you need to know from Media Day:
1. Bronco Mendenhall is entering his 11th year as BYU head coach.
2. BYU football is entering its fifth season as an independent football program.
3. Over the years, 40 former Cougars have made 64 Super Bowl appearances.
4. Jamaal Williams, senior running back, needs 929 yards to become the BYU all-time rushing leader.
5. Despite ending last season with 8-5 record, players and coaches are optimistic about the 2015 season.
6. Offensive players to watch: Taysom Hill — QB, Jamaal Williams — RB, Nate Carter — RB, Mitch Mathews — WR.
7. Defensive players to watch: Bronson Kaufusi — DL, Remington Peck — DL, Manoa Pikula — LB.
8. In the last 40 seasons, BYU is among the top five most winning teams in the nation.
9. BYU football is one of only 12 programs to earn a bowl invitation each of the past 10 seasons.
10. BYU’s offense has nine returning starters, and defense has seven returning starters.
11. Fifteen players with previous experience are returning this season after serving LDS missions.