Dance Works store serves BYU students

1484

Dance Works is one of the most popular dance stores for BYU students looking for quality dance apparel. The store sells all international dance shoes and lots of apparel. It is popular for the 10 percent discount it gives BYU students.

DanceWorks is located on 3228 N. University Ave. in Provo. (Sam Williams)

“We have so many BYU students that come through our store,” said Dallas Brooks, Dance Works store manager. “Fall time and back-to-school time is one of the biggest times of year. We always do hands-on fitting and provide the service of helping people fit the right shoe that they need because all the shoes fit so differently. We have many internationally made shoes from Italy, France, Russia, England and many shoes from New York City.”

Dance Works has existed for 30 years. The mother of the current owner started the company because her daughter studied classical ballet and didn’t want to go to Salt Lake City to keep buying her shoes. She knew her dance business would be profitable because of the high number of dancers in Utah County. There are more dancers per capita in Utah County than anywhere else in the nation.

DanceWorks sells dance costumes along with (Sam Williams)
DanceWorks sells dance costumes, shoes and accessories. (Sam Williams)

“My high-end Latin ballroom shoe is my favorite product that we sell because of how beautiful the shoe is and looks on the foot,” said Natalie Brooks, current owner of Dance Works. “It is also the easiest to dance and move in. It is about $162.00 with a 10 percent discount for BYU students. Because of the 10 percent discount we can beat everyone’s prices.”

Allison Holker is a professional dancer who currently dances on the hit TV series “Dancing with the Stars.” She is originally from Utah and has a close connection with the store. She recently purchased a set of ballroom shoes from the store because of their quality. She currently dances with the shoes she bought.

“I did a lot of research before I went to the store to buy my dance shoes, so I already knew what I was looking for,” said Cassie Green, a student at BYU. “They were really great with fitting me to the right shoe size across the different styles. The prices were cheaper than a lot of websites, especially when you add in shipping. I even got a discount on a pair because it was an older style. I got everything I needed there.”

Dance Works is located on 3228 N. University Ave. in Provo. It is open Monday–Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.