BYU shut down the Marriott Center in the middle of BYU Campus Education Week after a water main burst underneath the northwest side of the Marriott Center’s parking lot.
It’s unknown how long water gushed from cracks in the asphalt, but BYU Police were alerted around 11:10 a.m. and managed to close the water main shortly thereafter.
Education Week classes scheduled in the Marriott Center for Thursday, Aug. 21 were cancelled but repairs were completed later Thursday afternoon so sessions on the final day of Education Week could continue Friday.
More Education Week articles:
- Marleen S. Williams: Matters of the mind: Facing life’s trying tests
- Elder Bednar: To sweep the Earth as with a flood
- Julie Crockett: How your daughter can change the world with an engineering degree
- What brings you to Education Week?
- David B. Marsh: Helping those who struggle with doubt
- Steve A. Tersigni: The Word of Wisdom as God’s health plan
- Tom Holmoe on the state of BYU athletics
- Richard B. Miller: The healing power of forgiveness
- Roger K. Allen: How to talk to your children
- Randal A. Wright teaches how to live purposefully with self-discipline
- Education Week: A Week in Photos (Aug. 22, 2014)
- Education Week at a glance