William Joseph to perform at Education Week

253
William Joseph will visit BYU during Education Week, August 19-22. (Photo courtesy William Joseph)

Pianist William Joseph will play four evening performances in the Harris Fine Arts Center during Education Week.

The Arizona native will perform Aug. 19–22 in the Madsen Theater.

“My performance will include selections ranging from my original compositions, to arrangements of well-known songs including some of my favorite hymns. I am also known for rocking out at moments … even at Education Week,” Joseph said. 

Bruce Payne, program administrator for Education Week, said that each year Education Week features performances in three different venues on four consecutive nights. This year, Payne worked with Sounds of Zion to bring Joseph to BYU. 

“We worked with Sounds of Zion to provide entertainment at previous programs and have a great working relationship. I reached out to them this year, and after considering various possibilities, we agreed that William would be a great fit for the program,” Payne said. “He is highly regarded in the industry, and after hearing from those who have attended his concerts, and viewing a lot of video, we knew our audience would love the performances.”

Joseph is known for the passion and virtuosity of his performances, according to the BYU arts website. 

“I have carefully created a show where I will combine music with my own personal life experiences, both inspirational and flat-out embarrassing, all culminating into a spiritual message which will be unforgettable. You will not want to miss it,” he said. 

Joseph opened 16 concerts for Josh Groban in 12 different cities in fall 2004. One year later, he opened for Clay Aiken in 36 cities.

His three records, “Within,” “Beyond” and “Be Still,” were released in 2004, 2008 and 2012.

“William’s brilliance has led to tours with well-known stars Josh Groban and Il Divo and opened the door for special appearances with world-class artists such as John Mayer, Natalie Cole, Barbra Streisand, Kenny G, Alicia Keys, Beyoncé and Michael Bublé,” the website says.

Payne said Joseph will probably be performing with an accompanying violinist and cellist.

Tickets cost $12 for each performance. Contact the BYU Ticket Office at 801-422-2981 or buy online at byutickets.com. Participating in Education Week is not mandatory to purchase concert tickets.