Four-day Utah Arts Festival hosts more than 250 vendors and musicians

381
The four-day Utah Arts Festival in Salt Lake City in Salt Lake City draws people from across the country. The festival hosts 146 vendors and over 100 bands. (Janine Halversen)
The four-day Utah Arts Festival in Salt Lake City draws people from across the country. The festival hosts 146 vendors and more than 100 bands. (Janine Halversen)

The Utah Arts Festival revisited downtown Salt Lake City this weekend. People from across the country participated in the four-day arts, music and film festival.

“This was my fourth time attending the festival,” said Nicholas Renshaw, a 15-year-old student from Sandy. “I like the different exhibits and seeing what the artists make. I always enjoy looking at the metal working.”

The Utah Arts Festival gives 146 local and national vendors the opportunity to sell their handmade products. More than 100 bands and performance groups played on eight stages the weekend of the festival.

The Salt Lake City Library housed the film portion, and hundreds of volunteers helped out daily.

Artists came from as far as Texas, Oregon and Maine to participate in the festival.

“I will absolutely be coming back to the Utah Arts Festival,” said Daniel Abernathy, a jewelry artist from Pinedale, Wyoming. “I love how nice everyone is here. From set-up to sundown, I have felt like I belong here. The camaraderie is amazing.”

The Utah Arts Festival takes place in the Salt Lake City Public Library, the Salt Lake City and Council Building and the Leonardo. The festival includes art, music and film vendors and performances. (Janine Halversen)

The festival took place at the Salt Lake City and Council Building, The Leonardo Museum and the Salt Lake City Public Library. Free admission to The Leonardo and discounted tickets to Body Works were included in the festival admission price.

Concerts played at every stage throughout the festival.

“I come solely for the great live local bands,” said Douglas Jepson, a 22-year-old USU student from Heber City. “I am never bored or disappointed since there are so many different genres playing.”

Salt Lake City has hosted the Utah Arts Festival for 38 years. The festival brings diversity and tourism to Salt Lake City.