Neon Trees drummer talks about her personal relationship with God in ‘I’m a Mormon’ video

407

Neon Trees drummer Elaine Bradley talks about family and her personal relationship with God in a new “I’m a Mormon” video.

In the video Bradley talks about her life as a youth and how she didn’t have a desire to have a close relationship with God. She then went on to describe how a conversation with a man changed her perspective and gave her the desire to develop that kind of relationship.

“I asked him, ‘Are you religious? Or what’s the deal?’ And he said, ‘Well I’m not religious, like I don’t go to one church, but I do think it’s important to have a personal relationship with God,’ and when he said that it was like a lightning bolt just hit my heart,” Bradley said.

After that conversation, Bradley started researching the Bible. She said she feels more like herself when she follows the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Bradley and her husband Sebastian have one son named Bryce.

For another video from Neon Trees, check out band frontman Tyler Glenn singing “Where Can I Turn for Peace?” earlier this week. Glenn made headlines when he came out as gay in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine in late March.

“Where Can I Turn for Peace by?” Tyler Glenn from Tyler Glenn on Vimeo.