Cougar Questions: How do you feel about Daylight Savings?

433

This week the times have changed, and we have “sprung forward” an hour. The Universe wants to know what students think of turning the clocks this spring.

"It really confuses me — it trips me up." — Brooke Engilman, graphic design, sophomore, Louisville, Ky.
“It really confuses me — it trips me up.” — Brooke Engilman, graphic design, sophomore, Louisville, Ky.

"I love fall daylight savings, not spring. I like my extra hour of sleep." — Janalee Selfaison, elementary education, senior, Vacavile, Calif.
“I love fall daylight savings, not spring. I like my extra hour of sleep.” — Janalee Selfaison, elementary education, senior, Vacavile, Calif.
"I love it! It stays light later, what's not to love?" — Dane Hammer, business management, senior, Seattle.
“I love it! It stays light later, what’s not to love?” — Dane Hammer, business management, senior, Seattle.
"Depends. I like it in the fall and dislike it in spring." — Rob Tanner, public health, junior, Chino Hills, Calif.
“Depends. I like it in the fall and dislike it in spring.” — Rob Tanner, public health, junior, Chino Hills, Calif.
"I like it because I'm used to it. I certainly like it more when I get the hour back, though." — Julie Tanner, exercise science, senior, Olympia, Wash.
“I like it because I’m used to it. I certainly like it more when I get the hour back, though.” — Julie Tanner, exercise science, senior, Olympia, Wash.

"I am kind of indifferent towards it. I am all for saving daylight, though." — Ben Hopkins, biophysics, sophomore, Salt Lake City “I am kind of indifferent towards it. I am all for saving daylight, though.” — Ben Hopkins, biophysics, sophomore, Salt Lake City

"I like it. I like when it's later in the day. I mean, you have to get up an hour earlier, but it's no big deal." — Abby Pinegar, freshman, undeclared, Salt Lake City
“I like it. I like when it’s later in the day. I mean, you have to get up an hour earlier, but it’s no big deal.” — Abby Pinegar, freshman, undeclared, Salt Lake City
"I love it! It's a treat. You do get a setback, losing an hour of sleep in summer, but it makes it all worth it. It is beneficial for farmers, and I think it is good for Utah." — Jeremiah Burr, sophomore, marketing, Provo
“I love it! It’s a treat. You do get a setback, losing an hour of sleep in summer, but it makes it all worth it. It is beneficial for farmers, and I think it is good for Utah.” — Jeremiah Burr, sophomore, marketing, Provo
"Can we just keep the same time always? I'm excited for the light, but I wish we could just have the hour longer to sleep." — Summer Saunders, junior, family life, Bellingham, Wash.
“Can we just keep the same time always? I’m excited for the light, but I wish we could just have the hour longer to sleep.” — Summer Saunders, junior, family life, Bellingham, Wash.
"I don't mind it. It doesn't really change much of my daily doings." — Scott Ditto, pre-communications, sophomore, Dallas.
“I don’t mind it. It doesn’t really change much of my daily doings.” — Scott Ditto, pre-communications, sophomore, Dallas.