New voices join discussion on pornography in society
Valentine’s Day 2014 brought more than the usual debate about what to get your sweetheart–media sources debated the true expression of love and sex.
- LDS Church members are familiar with discussions about pornography, but this Valentine’s Day, several groups throughout the media landscape chose to talk its effect on society.
- How are #byu students and faculty combatting the issue of pornography? (First in a series) #pornkillslove http://bit.ly/1kSsgjX
- Brigham Young University-Idaho generated online controversy with a video that encouraged students to help each other resist temptation, as news media questioned why pornography could be dangerous.
- A social media conversation #pornkillslove has answered that question.
- A new Christian group is working to bring the issue of pornography to the forefront, calling it an addiction akin to drug addiction.
- Real Love or Porn. Which one do you choose? ➤ http://bit.ly/1gFxpXt | #pornkillslove
- Interested in #pornography? You should read this: http://www.fightthenewdrug.org/
- A few of the voices in this discussion may even surprise traditional advocates for morality.
- Folks wrote to say #PornKillsLove is a religious thing of conservative christians. It’s also a thing of fundamentalist #feminists.
- @FightTheNewDrug @ShujaRabbani Go to http://stoppornculture.org to read more about our work. Feminism is key to understanding the harms of porn.
- How is Internet #porn changing behaviour and relationships? http://aje.me/1mgchOn #PornKillsLove #ValentinesDay via @AJStream
- The Love and Fidelity Network–a network of university student organizations around the country with the goal of promoting marriage and virtue–launched a Valentine’s Day campaign called, “#Love-Make yours a story. Not a tweet.”
- Here are a few words about the #valentines2014 poster campaign from LFN’s founder: http://www.loveandfidelity.org/2014/02/14/will-you-do-whats-expected-or-take-a-chance-on-something-great/ … #notjustatweet
- “#love. Make yours a story not a tweet,” the idea being the hook-up culture kind of resembles a tweet. It’s… http://fb.me/2p89wxDZO
- Chastity, Manliness, and the College Safari http://wp.me/p3WluG-x2 , @LoveandFidelity #ValentinesDay #Valentine #chastity
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to
like or comment.