Valentine’s Day: The busiest day of the year for Campus Floral

248

Campus Floral spent months preparing for its busiest day of the year so that BYU students and members of the Provo community could shower loved ones with flowers and gifts on Valentine’s Day.“It’s the one day that people remember those that they love and want to let them know how special they truly are,” said Campus Floral manager, Corinne Smith.

The BYU florists have prepared for Cupid’s holiday since before Christmas, ordering flowers and doing as much as possible before the madness began.

“In mid-January we started getting the supplies and prepping what we could by cutting ribbon, cutting balloon strings — just making sure everything was ordered and ready to go for today,” Smith said.

The company offers more than just flowers to customers looking for the perfect gift to show their love. Candies and chocolates, jewelry, cards, balloons, soaps, lotions and French macaroons are among the wide variety of gifts to choose from.

“I love how creative they are here,” said customer Janice Frischknescht. “They’re a little bit different, and I like that. This year I’m buying gifts for four people here!”

The store opened up a satellite location at the Wilkinson Center in the BYU Bookstore to give more students the opportunity to pick up some flowers on the big day. A steady stream of customers between classes kept the on-site florists busy from 7 a.m. until they closed at around 5 p.m.

“I love Valentine’s Day!” said student florist Starlee Jacobs. “It’s my fourth Valentine’s Day working with a flower shop, and I still love it! There’s a lot of positive energy, and I think people need to love this holiday more. It’s fun to see people excited about giving gifts to people they love.”

With the seemingly endless orders being filled all day long, this year’s Valentine’s Day was surely a hit for Campus Floral.

[soundslides width=”620″ height =”503″ id=”359371″]