LDS Church to build huge tower by Philly temple
The 32-story tower will hold a meetinghouse and residential apartments and replace a vacant lot near the under-construction Philadelphia temple.
- The mayor’s office in Philadelphia announced yesterday that something big was coming downtown.
- The Philadelphia temple has been under construction for about a year, but none knew what the church was going to do with the adjacent lot it owned.
- One of the first people to break the story was Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Laura McCrystal.
- According to Philly realtors OCF Realty The site will soon contain a public meetinghouse, along with a 32-story residential tower containing 258 apartments. Thirteen townhomes and ground-floor retail will also be part of the development. The apartments in the tower will be rented at market-rate prices, and will be open to people of any faith, not just Mormons.
- There were of course some critical reactions, but many people are excited.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to
like or comment.