By Kyle Van Noy
After playing in his final football game as a Cougar on Dec. 27, BYU standout and All-American Kyle Van Noy wrote an open letter to Cougar fans thanking them for their continued support during his BYU career. The letter has not been edited.
When I first stepped onto BYU’s campus as a student in 2010, I never could have imagined how quickly my four years in Provo would fly by. I waited a long time to be a Cougar, and not a day passes by without my thinking how fortunate I am for my decision to attend BYU.
I have grown a great deal in the past four years. I have matured as a person. I have become a college graduate. I have developed as a football player. This growth is directly attributed to my time at and the positive influence of BYU.
As I move on to pursue my dream of playing in the National Football League, I wanted to send out a few special thank yous:
– To my family, friends and fiancée, Marissa: Thank you for your love and support. I never would have made it this far without all of you.
– To my teammates and coaches: Thank you for making me a better football player. I took great pride in representing the “Y” with all of you.
– To the football training staff: Thank you for working to keep me healthy and on the football field. I appreciate all your dedication, time and energy.
– To the BYU athletic and sports information departments: Thank you for making me look good in the public eye! In all seriousness, I was honored to represent the university and I look forward to continue in this role as an alumnus.
– To the BYU fans across the state, country and world: Thank you for your support, passion and loyalty. There are a lot of terrific things happening within the BYU football program and I am excited to cheer on our future success with all of you.
It has been a remarkable four years as a BYU Cougar. Thank you for all the memories. Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for helping me mature into the man I am today.
“Too blessed to be stressed.”
Kyle Van Noy #3