Cougar Questions: When is the right time to start listening to Christmas music?

396

There’s a very heated question surrounding households the day after Halloween. Is it time to start listening to Christmas music yet? Some people have a very strict, not-until-after-Thanksgiving-Day policy, but some like a head start and play “Santa Baby” as they carve their pumpkins. We went around campus to find out when students think it is the right time to start listening to Christmas music.

"December, because that's when Christmas is." — Brandon Benally, molecular biology, Orange, Calif.
“December, because that’s when Christmas is.” — Brandon Benally, molecular biology, Orange, Calif.
"Always! I love Christmas, and Christmas music reminds me of happy things." — Jessica Sagers, linguistics, Provo.
“Always! I love Christmas, and Christmas music reminds me of happy things.” — Jessica Sagers, linguistics, Provo.
"The day after Thanksgiving, because then it's time to get into the Christmas spirit." — Aubree Monson, dance education, Bountiful.
“The day after Thanksgiving, because then it’s time to get into the Christmas spirit.” — Aubree Monson, dance education, Bountiful.
"As soon as it starts snowing outside." — McKay Evans, chemical engineering, Columbia, Md.
“As soon as it starts snowing outside.” — McKay Evans, chemical engineering, Columbia, Md.
"You can listen to it whenever. As long as you like it, why not listen to it?" — Daniel Stark, political science, Auburn, Ala.
“You can listen to it whenever. As long as you like it, why not listen to it?” — Daniel Stark, political science, Auburn, Ala.
"After Thanksgiving. I feel like November is for giving thanks, so before we start exchanging gifts we should give thanks." — Tyler McBeth, exercise science, San Deigo.
“After Thanksgiving. I feel like November is for giving thanks, so before we start exchanging gifts we should give thanks.” — Tyler McBeth, exercise science, San Deigo.
"A week before Thanksgiving, but I don't think there should be a set time so why not listen to it a bit earlier." — Tiffany deVries, exercise science, Sparks, Nev.
“A week before Thanksgiving, but I don’t think there should be a set time so why not listen to it a bit earlier.” — Tiffany deVries, exercise science, Sparks, Nev.
"I sing it all year, but I try not to play it until after Thanksgiving because it bothers people." — Zoe Pratt, undeclared, Aberdeen, Idaho.
“I sing it all year, but I try not to play it until after Thanksgiving because it bothers people.” — Zoe Pratt, undeclared, Aberdeen, Idaho.
"All year. I just like Christmas music. Anytime I need a pick me up and normal music doesn't work, Christmas music does." — Ashley Burdge, history teaching, Eagan, Minn.
“All year. I just like Christmas music. Anytime I need a pick me up and normal music doesn’t work, Christmas music does.” — Ashley Burdge, history teaching, Eagan, Minn.