Cougar Questions: What is the most played song on your iPod right now?

495

School is back in swing, and with that students look for ways to help them get through the months of endless papers, tests and reading. Music helps students make it through all aspects of life. There are songs that get people through a hard day, songs that get athletes pumped up for a big game and songs to dance to on the weekend. We wanted to know what you are listening to, so we asked students what their top song of the moment was and why they like it.

"'Ho Hey' by The Lumineers because it's really fun to listen to. It's a cute song." —Sabrina Bradshaw, freshman, pre-communications, Salt Lake City
“‘Ho Hey’ by The Lumineers because it’s really fun to listen to. It’s a cute song.” —Sabrina Bradshaw, freshman, pre-communications, Salt Lake City
"'Wanted' by Hunter Hayes. It's just good." —Josh Hjelmstad, sophomore, pre-management, Temecula, Calif.
“‘Wanted’ by Hunter Hayes. It’s just good.” —Josh Hjelmstad, sophomore, pre-management, Temecula, Calif.
"'Timebomb' by Iration because it's islandy, and I want to be in Hawaii right now." —Tawny Zambrano, senior, Laguna Niguel, Calif.
“‘Timebomb’ by Iration because it’s islandy, and I want to be in Hawaii right now.” —Tawny Zambrano, senior, Laguna Niguel, Calif.
"'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons because I can zone out while listening to it." —Harrison Garrett, freshman, electrical engineering, St. Louis.
“‘Radioactive’ by Imagine Dragons because I can zone out while listening to it.” —Harrison Garrett, freshman, electrical engineering, St. Louis.
"'Blood on the Leaves' by Kanye West. He performed it at the VMA's. Kanye is a very emotional performer, and whenever I see him perform live I just fall in love with the song." —Hanna Owens, senior, human development, Spokane, Wash.
“‘Blood on the Leaves’ by Kanye West. He performed it at the VMA’s. Kanye is a very emotional performer, and whenever I see him perform live I just fall in love with the song.” —Hanna Owens, senior, human development, Spokane, Wash.
"'Firework' by Katy Perry because it's very catchy, and I like to listen to it in the car." —Arlen Beck, junior, accounting, Yorba Linda, Calif.
“‘Firework’ by Katy Perry because it’s very catchy, and I like to listen to it in the car.” —Arlen Beck, junior, accounting, Yorba Linda, Calif.
"'Spraypaint' by Radical Something because it makes me happy." —Hugh Roberts, freshman, biochemistry, San Diego.
“‘Spraypaint’ by Radical Something because it makes me happy.” —Hugh Roberts, freshman, biochemistry, San Diego.
"'Skinny Love' by Bon Iver because it's got a lot of emotion and a good feel." —Keith Olsen, freshman, chemical engineering, Detroit
“‘Skinny Love’ by Bon Iver because it’s got a lot of emotion and a good feel.” —Keith Olsen, freshman, chemical engineering, Detroit
"'The Climb' by Miley Cyrus because it gets me through the most hard times." —Jessie Allegretti, freshman, chemical engineering, San Diego
“‘The Climb’ by Miley Cyrus because it gets me through the most hard times.” —Jessie Allegretti, freshman, chemical engineering, San Diego
"'Anything' by Passion Pit. I like they way they combine electronic sounds, and I love the way his voice sounds." —Rachel Smith, freshman, undecided, Columbia, S.C.
“‘Anything’ by Passion Pit. I like they way they combine electronic sounds, and I love the way his voice sounds.” —Rachel Smith, freshman, undecided, Columbia, S.C.