Recruit update: Tanner Shipley recommits to BYU

175

The BYU football team has received a verbal commitment from Tanner Shipley, a wide receiver from Wilsonville, Ore.

Tanner Shipley is a six-foot two-inch, 185-pound wide receiver from Wilsonville, Ore., who initially committed to BYU back in June but de-committed to opened up his recruitment again in July.

Shipley visited University of Colorado prior to Thanksgiving, but with the firing of Colorado’s head coach, Jon Embree, may have affected Shipley’s decision to recommit to BYU.

Colorado was the only place where Shipley made an official visit, but the young wideout had also received offers from Oregon State and Wyoming.

“I feel really, the decision maker was just a feeling inside,” Shipley told CougarNation. “Everything lined up right to see myself there for the next few years. I’m super pumped, and I can’t wait to be a part of the Cougar family. They really care for me as a person and an athlete.”

BYU fans are excited to have a commitment from a receiver who brings big-play potential to Provo.

He is also versatile, having played safety and running back as well in high school, and runs a 4.5 40-yard dash.