Visit http://opsf.byu.edu/Main/calendar.aspx for details on the following opportunities:
BYU’s Office of Prestigious Scholarships and Fellowships has released its most recent list of scholarship opportunities and upcoming scholarship meetings:
• General Scholarship Information Meeting: Friday, October 5th at 11:00 am in 3380 WSC
Come learn how to search for and prepare for scholarships! We’ll discuss how you can become more competitive for national scholarship competitions as well as how to find smaller scholarships that can help fund your college education.
• Goldwater, National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, and Truman Fellowship Information Meeting— Friday, October 5th at 12:00 pm in 3380 WSC
Are you pursuing a research-based master or doctoral degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Psychology, or for the NSF also in Social Sciences? Come learn how to apply for these national scholarships.
• Writing Winning Scholarships Workshop: Wednesday, October 10th at 3:00-5:00 pm in 238 HRCB
Come learn how to writing a competitive scholarship application and be competitive nationally.
• Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship: Are you a sophomore or junior studying natural sciences, engineering, or mathematics involved in research? The Barry M. Goldwater Foundation offers a 2-year scholarship up to $7,500 annually. Deadline: December 14, 2012
• Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship: The Gilman Scholarship helps fund study abroad for students currently receiving Pell Grants. Spring Term Deadline: October 2, 2012
• Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Junior Fellows Program: This fellowship allows graduating seniors the opportunity to work with senior associates on international affairs issues in Washington D.C. Fellows are awarded full benefits and an annual salary of $35,000 a year. Research areas include Democracy/Rule of Law; Nonproliferation; Energy & Climate; and Asia, South Asia, and Middle Eastern Studies. Deadline: December 5, 2012
• Critical Language Scholarship: Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) institutes provide fully-funded group-based intensive language instruction and structured cultural enrichment experiences for seven to ten weeks for U.S. citizen undergraduate, Master ’s and Ph.D. students. This scholarship focuses on Arabic, Persian, Azerbaijani, Bangla/Bengali, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Turkish, and Urdu, Chinese, Japanese, and Russian. Deadline: Early October (See website for details)
• German Chancellor Scholarship-Humboldt Foundation: Provides one year of study in Germany for professional development, study or research. (A command of German is not a prerequisite). Deadline: October 15, 2012
• Harry S. Truman Scholarship: The Truman scholarship offers up to $30,000 dollars to students pursuing careers in government or public service who plant to attend graduate school. Deadline: November 30th
• National Institutes of Health Graduate Partnerships Program: The NIH offers a PhD experience involving extensive research in NIH labs with health benefits, academic support, and annual stipends are around 36,000. Deadlines vary, so check website.
• National Security Education Program, Boren Awards (Undergraduate & Graduate): The NSEP provides up to $20,000 for undergraduates and $30,000 to graduates wishing to study abroad in countries critical to US national interests, but under-represented in study abroad. Deadline: February13, 2013
• Gates-Cambridge: The Gates-Cambridge Scholarship funds graduate school at the University of Cambridge. Deadline: October 15, 2012
• Hertz Foundation: The Hertz Foundation provides fellowships for graduate work leading to a PhD degree in applications of the physical sciences. Deadline: Fall 2012
• National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship: The NSF awards approximately 900 fellowships to outstanding students pursuing research-based masters or PhD study. The award includes three years of financial support, including an annual $30,000 stipend and $10,500 education allowance. See website for list of preferred disciplines. Deadline: Mid- to Late-November (See website for details)