7-Eleven slurpees available at Cinemark theaters in Utah

168

In order to bring movie-goers their favorite Slurpees, 7-Eleven has to decided to partner with 16 Cinemark theaters in Utah.

Utah is the fourth state encountering this joint venture, following theaters in Portland, Dallas and Houston.

Starting this month, people will be able to enjoy three of the company’s most popular Slurpee flavors at their concessions stands: Coke, Fanta-cherry and Fanta-blueberry.

[media-credit name=”7-Eleven, Inc.” align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]
A young boy fills up his 7-Eleven Slurpee cup.
“I definitely frequent the 7-Eleven south of campus for a good Slurpee run every so often,” said Ally Morgan, a BYU senior studying political science. “I’m excited that I’ll be seeing them at movie theaters now too. I may just have to indulge.”

With these drinks served not only in 7-Eleven locations, Slurpee enthusiasts will be able to participate in the Slurpee Rewards program when they purchase this drink at either their local 7-Eleven or while at the movies. They can redeem points for their Slurpee purchases at Slurpee.com for special rewards, including free Cinemark movie tickets.

It is also known around the world that 7-Eleven works closely with major blockbuster movies, as seen from the 3D images on their Slurpee and Big Gulp cups, movie action-hero straws and the other exclusive products held on display in each 7-Eleven location.

“Our research and past promotional successes show that movie fans love Slurpees, and Slurpee fans love movies,” said Laura Gordon, 7-Eleven vice president of brand innovation in a recent press release.

Gordon said 7-Eleven is working on redefining the word “convenience” by providing Slurpee fans their favorite drink while they enjoy one of their favorite activities.

“Our partnership with Cinemark gives us the opportunity to reach even more Slurpee fans in Utah by bringing the drink to them,” Gordon said. “The only thing better than watching the latest hit movie – especially for Slurpee lovers – is watching it while sipping a Slurpee drink.”

“A Slurpee always cheers me right up,” said Colette Jepson, a BYU senior studying psychology. “They are so great during the summer, especially here in Utah, and I’m sure lots of people wouldn’t mind having one while watching a good movie. I know I wouldn’t.”