StrongerMarriage.org launches Dream Wedding Contest

188

The stress of planning a wedding can sometimes detract engaged couples from the more important aspects of marriage preparation. One group is looking to take care of the former.

The StrongerMarriage.org Dream Wedding will remove the wedding plan hassle from the shoulders of one lucky couple, and do the planning for them. The website is a tool to strengthen relationships for couples in every stage of life, whether the couple is dating, engaged or married. With the help of more than 10 local vendors, the Utah Commission on Marriage has launched the brand new StrongerMarriage.org Dream Wedding contest through Facebook this week.

Jessica Ralph, 27, a senior from Kent, Wash., said she uses StrongerMarriage.org in her relationship with her fiance.

“I love the tips they give and really take them into consideration,” Ralph said. “I’m engaged, so I use their engaged section to help prepare my fiance and me for our upcoming marriage.”

Amanda Sanchez, account manager at Richter7 PR on behalf of StrongerMarriage.org, said the participating local vendors of the Stronger Marriage contest will take care of everything necessary for a complete wedding experience.

“They’ve all contributed different aspects to bring the dream wedding together,” Sanchez said. “The winning couple will get all those things for free, everything from the dress to the invitations to the photography to the limo service the day of the wedding.”

Some of the local vendors include Ashlee Brooke Photography, Ella Rose Floral and Cake by Roxie. StrongerMarriage.org is also giving the winning couple $1,000 toward the honeymoon of their choice.

Ashlee Brooke Carroll, owner of Ashlee Brooke Photography, said the opportunity to participate in the contest was a welcome one.

“I am thrilled to offer my photography services to support Stronger Marriage in their Dream Wedding contest,” Carroll said. “I believe in long-lasting marriage — and that doesn’t always come easy. It is so nice that couples can get advice and help through this organization.”

Planning a wedding can be intense, and it is important for engaged couples to remain focused, Sanchez said.

“As you get caught up in the wedding planning process, which all of us do when we’re planning a wedding, you kind of forget the things you need to do to foster and nurture the relationship,” Sanchez said. “That’s where StrongerMarriage comes in. It just adds a different component to that whole planning process.”

To enter the contest, go to facebook.com/strongermarriage and like their page.