Double Country Delight Expected at SCERA Theatre Tonight

154

A promising double-the-pleasure, double-the-fun night is in store for country music lovers in Orem.

Mark Chesnutt and Mark Wills, well-known singers in the country world, come together tonight at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theatre for a joint performance at 8.

[media-credit name=”Photo courtesy of SCERA” align=”alignleft” width=”241″][/media-credit]
Mark Wills will join Mark Chesnutt in tonight's concert at the SCERA
This dynamic duo hits the stage bringing with them the combined forces of 15 No. 1 hits, including favorites such as “I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing,” “It’s a Little Too Late,” “I Do (Cherish You)” and Wills’ “19 Something,” which topped the charts for two months.

The twosome bring a range of country music from twangy treats to country contemporary, and this double feature looks to be a delight for locals.

Amber LeBaron, a sophomore studying business, said she appreciates the messages country music offers, including Wills’ songs.

“Country music usually focuses on the simple things in life,” she said. “When it all boils down to it, the simple things, like love and building strong relationships, are what everyone wants in life because that is what makes people happy.”

Wills hopes his music inspires.

“I think I’m a good storyteller to make a song meaningful,” Wills said in a news release. “Whether romantic or ‘reality,’ my focus is on the music delivery to make it my own for the people who listen — so that they can make it their own.”

Meaningful messages aren’t the only reason locals hope to attend. The lively music is also a draw.

” ‘I Do,’ really is a great song and has a beautiful message, and ‘Back at One’ is a song that you have to turn up and sing along with,” LeBaron said.

Courtney Neves, also a country follower and senior from Otto, Wyo.,  grew up singing and playing a lot of country songs.

“I like dancing to country music,” Neves said. “I spend all my money on tuition and country dancing.”

Neves said he feels many country songs teach good morals and encourage you to cherish the important things in life.

Locals have more than double the reason to attend this performance.  With its outside location, attendees can enjoy the summer sun while singing along.

General admission tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for children (age 3-11), seniors (age 65-plus) and students (with ID). Tickets may be purchased  from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at the main office of the SCERA Center, 745 S. State, Orem, by calling 801-225-ARTS, online at scera.org or at the gate prior to the concert.