The prophet has warned us

32

I’m writing in response to “Not Infringing on Rights.” Yes, we as members of the LDS church are taught to be tolerant, but since when does being tolerant mean accepting and even embracing the sins of the world?

The gay and lesbian lifestyle is becoming increasingly accepted throughout the world and I believe that it does threaten the lifestyle that I, as a member of the LDS church, choose to live.

The Proclamation on the Family warns that the “disintegration of the family will bring upon the individuals, communities and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.”

The Proclamation on the Family was given to the church to warn, advise and counsel us in light of the increased efforts of the gay community to legalize their marriages.

Would the First Presidency release this if they did not feel that this lifestyle threatened our entire society and its values? And in regards to our unconventional marriages, we were commanded by the Lord to live polygamy. I have never heard of a commandment for us to live and/or embrace homosexual marriage. And until I do I will follow our Prophet — he is the mouthpiece of the Lord, ordained to give us His will — in his calling to “promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.”

Barbara Dayton

Orem