By Jared Lloyd
10. September 9, 1975: Football. ASU 20, BYU 0: Yes, it was BYU that got shut out, but this was the last shutout BYU football suffered. It”s been almost 28 years. BYU has now scored in 350 straight games, an NCAA record.
9. May 5, 2001: Men”s volleyball. BYU 3, UCLA 0 (30-26, 30-26, 32-30): The volleyball team stomped on the Bruins to win the National Championship for the second time in three years.
8. October 29, 1988: Football. BYU 65, UNM 0: The Cougars welcomed the Lobos to Provo, then proceeded to demolish them. The victory was the biggest shutout in BYU football history.
7. January 7, 1907: Men”s basketball. BYU 72, Weber Academy 9: Unconfirmed rumors say the Weber coach said, “We just ran out of time. We were on the way back,” after the game.
6. December 12, 1993: Women”s volleyball. BYU 3, UCLA 0 (16-14, 17-15, 15-11): The Cougar women went to UCLA and knocked off one of the best teams in the nation, earning BYU a trip to the volleyball Final Four and a #4 national ranking.
5. March 10, 1994: Men”s basketball. BYU 96, Utah 65: Ahhhh, there”s nothing like a big win over Utah. The Cougars dominated the Utes in the WAC Tournament, cruising to the big win.
4. November 9, 1996: Football. BYU 49, Rice 0: Utah entered a game at Rice the week before ranked in the Top 25. They left with an ugly 51-10 loss. Some analysts thought Rice could upset the 12th-ranked Cougars with their dominating option attack. Not quite.
3. Nov. 25, 2002: Women”s cross country. The Cougar runners once again outdistanced their competitors to win their fourth national title in six years. No other Cougar team can boast that kind of domination.
2. March 16, 2002: Women”s basketball. BYU 90, Florida 52: The 11th-seeded Cougars smashed their 6th-seeded Gator opponents in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. The 38-point win was the first NCAA Tournament win ever for the BYU women.
1. May 8, 1999: Men”s volleyball. BYU 3, Long Beach State 0 (15-9, 15-7, 15-10): Men”s Volleyball dropped Long Beach State, avenging an earlier loss, to capture their first National title and cap a staggering 30-1 season.