Greg Wrubell named director of broadcast media at BYU

551
Greg Wrubell stands in LaVell Edwards Stadium. Wrubell is leaving KSL after 27 years. (Bradley Slade)

BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe announced on Aug. 9 that the university has hired Greg Wrubell as the director of broadcast media for BYU athletics.

“We are excited to bring Greg onboard as the director of broadcast media,” Holmoe said. “He’s been part of our family as the Voice of the Cougars for 25 years and has a passion for BYU that is unmatched. We look forward to many things Greg will help us accomplish in the areas of broadcasting, internet and social media.”

Wrubell will continue his play-calling duties and will continue hosting weekly radio shows for football, soccer and basketball. He will also contribute regular features to BYUcougars.com.

“I am thrilled to officially become a member of the BYU athletics family,” Wrubell said. “My work as Voice of the Cougars has represented a valued association with my alma mater and I am eager to forge an even stronger bond with the BYU sports programs, its coaches, student athletes and Cougar Nation. Great things are in store for BYU athletics and I couldn’t be happier to assume this new role moving forward.”