BYU Pro Day

133

BYU Pro Day attracted over 30 scouts from all across the nation this year. Many of the Cougars spent a lot of time training for this day.

“I went down and played an All-Star Game in Arizona and then straight from there, I flew down to LA and trained at Athletes’ Performance. I was out there about 8 to 9 weeks,” Preston Hadley said.

A solid season is a good resume for scouts, and Pro Day is the last chance to kick the tires and look under the hood before the draft.

“We had all these guys on our radar, so there’s no real surprises…all (we’re) doing is trying to add another piece to the puzzle when we come to look at the workouts,” Rick Reiprish said, the New Orleans Saints scout.

Ziggy Ansah is one player who received a lot of NFL attention during the regular season, only 3 years since he first started playing football. His unexpected learning curve attracted the large number of scouts. He is projected to go top 10in the draft, but the quietest Cougar remains unaffected by all the buzz.

“I try to take it day by day, keep working out and the day of the drafts we’ll see which team picks me up,” Ansah said.

Other players have heard good news could be in their futures as well.

“I’ve talked to a lot of scouts today. They all liked how I did, but you never know,”  Brandon Ogletree, BYU football player said. ”I’ve heard anywhere from mid to late round pick to undrafted free agent, and I’m ready to live with whatever happens and try my best.”