Letter: RIP Schedule Snatcher

184

I was very disappointed to read the article in the DU titled “Schedule Snatcher Snatched” on 1/10. Schedule Snatcher has been a very faithful ally to me this past semester, snatching two classes that would have been impossible to add, like Brother Bott’s class. While reading this article, I couldn’t help but notice one thing: how completely biased it is.

Let me set the record straight: With the help of this program, nearly 7,000 classes have been snatched. When the maker sent users its eulogy, hundreds of us were in an uproar. With over 100 students expressing their condolences and giving praise to it, I highly doubt it was oh-so-terrible, as the article makes it sound. It was extremely user friendly, and listen up people, it was free. We users voluntarily gave up our username and passwords, trusting in the program’s loyalty, as we do with numerous websites, like Facebook.

In the article, people said that it is fair now that Schedule Snatcher has been killed and that a wait list is the better option. In reality, with the new wait list that will be in place, it will be harder for underclassmen to add classes, because you will be even farther behind everyone with an early priority deadline. Your luck of adding a recently dropped class has been dried out. With this wait list, you can kiss your dream class goodbye. You will be missed, Schedule Snatcher.

CHRISTINA MERWIN
McAllen, Texas